David Tredinnick, MP for Bosworth, speaking at the Special General Meeting of Bosworth Conservative Association where he was adopted as the Conservative candidate for the Bosworth Constituency on Friday 28th April 2017 said:
“This General Election is first and foremost about giving the Prime Minister the strong mandate she needs to lead us out of the EU. It is therefore an Election to get the best possible deal for our country and thereby for the future of us all.”
Turning to local issues David Tredinnick pledged to:
- Continue to fight for fairer education funding for Leicestershire, and work to ensure that schools within our area, both primary and secondary, don’t lose out.
- Support local businesses in delivering a strong and dynamic local economy which produces jobs and prosperity for local people.
- Encourage better integration and fairness in health and social care, and work with the Police and local authorities to tackle issues of concern such as antisocial behaviour and unauthorised traveller sites.
- Lead my strong support team at Westminster and the constituency to ensure that all constituents’ issues and problems are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Back the Prime Minister in every way to help her deliver the Brexit for which local people in Hinckley and Bosworth voted resoundingly.