This week Parliament has returned from its Summer recess and like most other MPs I have returned to Westminster for what is likely to be the busiest parliamentary term in years.
The Government will be bringing forward important pieces of legislation as well as preparing for the end of the Brexit transition period and remaining constantly vigilant on coronavirus.
And of course, it means that I am resuming my weekly update – it’s good to be back and I hope that you have had an enjoyable Summer!
This week I have:
- Had a meeting with the Minister for Business and Industry and management from MIRA to discuss hydrogen and electric technology for our cars being developed right here in Bosworth.
- Asked the Secretary of State for Health about the Government’s preparations for the biggest ever winter flu vaccine programme. You can see his answer by visiting: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/preparing-winter-flu-vaccination
- Met with Rt Hon Robert Jenrick, the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government to talk about the Government’s planning white paper and the impact of house building in Hinckley and Bosworth. You can respond to the white paper ‘Planning for the future’ by visiting: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/planning-for-the-future
- Met with the FA and Barwell Football Club to see how they are preparing for the new season.
- Spoke to local and national media to raise the profile of the Bill I will be presenting on digitally altered body images. You can read more about it and why it is important by clicking on this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54003536
- Discussed the COVID response with the Leadership at the George Eliot Hospital.
- Conducted another surgery to deal with cases raised by constituents.
- Spoke with the County Council Leader Nick Rushton about challenges and opportunities for the County Council.