This week has been especially busy, predominantly in Parliament I was able to raise a number of issues;
Most notably, much of the debate centered around Dominic Cummings and the Lessons Learnt Inquiry. I had the opportunity to ask Mr Cummings about the extent of his personal responsibility of policy decisions and communicating the lockdown rules in view of his infamous trip to Durham. With the possibility of future pandemics, it is essential that we learn the lessons from today to ensure we are best prepared for what the future may hold. You can watch our exchange here: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/lessons-learnt-inquiry-questions-do…
On the back of that, I was able to raise with the Health Secretary the importance of building a global response and a global resilience plan to ensure the international community is best prepared for future pandemics. You can watch his response here: International plan for future pandemics - Question to Health Secretary | Dr Luke Evans MP
In addition, my week consisted of:
- Discussing how to deal with the rise in deliberate self harm and suicide in young people in the Health Select Committee. You can watch my exchange here: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/young-peoples-mental-health
- Asked for clarification from the Vaccines Minister on the rules regarding travel in and out of Leicester for this bank holiday weekend. You can watch the Ministers response here: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/clarification-travel-and-out-leices…
- Asked the Justice Minister about the fundamental aspect of 'trust' in the Criminal Justice System between victims, the police, courts and MP's. You can watch his response here: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/trust-criminal-justice-system-quest…
- Received a briefing on the vaccine roll out. I am pleased to see we are continuing at pace with 62 million jabs and now inviting over 30's to receive their first dose. You can book here: Book or manage your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Held a meeting with the Minister for Digital Infrastructure regarding internet services in Sketchley Brook. I am pleased to see progress underway, and will be sending out a further update in the coming couple of weeks.
- Received a briefing on the upcoming NHS White Paper.
- Asked the Business Minister about what support is available for Entrepreneurs in Bosworth who want to start a business. You can watch his response here: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/support-entrepreneurship-question-m…
If you have an idea and would like to establish a business, the best place to start is on the LLEP Growth Hub here: Home Page - Business Gateway Growth Hub (bizgateway.org.uk)
You can find out more about the Start Up loans the Minister mentions here: https://www.startuploans.co.uk/
and free courses with The Open University covering business essentials including accounting, marketing and digital skills: https://www.startuploans.co.uk/learn-with-start-up-loans/
For regular updates, follow my social media: