I’ve been determined since the day that I became your MP to be a Member of Parliament for the whole of the Bosworth constituency.
There’s no use in concentrating solely on Hinckley because it is our largest town; or Market Bosworth, because it is where our constituency’s name originates.
I am here for every town and village that I represent in equal measure.
This week I have been out and about talking with shopkeepers in Markfield; residents concerned about inconsiderate parking in Thornton; and, accompanying parish councillors on a walking tour of Earl Shilton.
In the coming weeks and over the summer I hope to make my way around every town and village in Bosworth – if you see me please do stop and say ‘hello’, I would love to hear your views on how we can make this area and even better place to live.
Aside from that I have:
- Took part in a Zoom conference with DEFRA and International Trade ministers on exporting locally produced artisanal foods internationally.
- Spoke with the Headteacher of Hinckley Academy about securing future building improvements.
- Participated in the Health and Social Care Select Committee.
- Asked the Home Secretary about one of our constituent’s experiences of the Windrush scandal, pushing to ensure compensation claims for the Windrush generation are processed as quickly as possible.
- Wrote to constituents about the lifting of lockdown and its impact on gyms, swimming pools and other forms of indoor exercise, and in turn made representation to the Sports Minister about these issues
- Welcomed the reopening on our local tourism industry and encouraged residents to get out and support it.
- Took part in a ‘walk and talk’ whippet walk around Market Bosworth with the Chair of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Enterprise Partnership about how to regenerate our local and regional economy
- Elevator pitched my idea of a Department of Virus Legacy to Secretary of State Michael Gove at the Cabinet Office
- Attended the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Zoos.
- Had a meeting with the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport – raising my project about body image
- Held a telephone surgery with constituents discussing policy issues on taxation, economic growth and casework about environmental protection in our rural parts