One of the amazing aspects of this job is the sheer variety of what crosses your desk.
This week is a good example; my commitments varied from local, regional to national significance, covering health, defence, planning, the economy, and of course constituents' individual issues.
- Mental health and the online world in the final evidence session for the Health Select Committee's Inquiry into Mental Health Services. You can watch my exchange with the Minister here: Mental Health Support Services Inquiry evidence | Dr Luke Evans MP
- Defence procurement with the Defence Minister Jeremy Quin to understand the support available for British companies and supply chains, and what that means for our region.
- Spoke with the Justice Secretary to follow up on my letter about the release of Colin Pitchfork and asking him to send the decision back to the parole board.
- Wild belt designation areas which would promote, enhance and protect our environment and local habitat, and could have real benefit here in Leicestershire. You can watch my full speech here: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/planning-debate
- Delivered the key note speech at the Leicestershire Innovation Summit, talking about the ambitious aims of Government to strengthen the future of science, research and innovation across the UK and how the Midlands is perfectly placed to drive this forward.
- Met with the Midlands Engine Health Board to hear about how our region can contribute to the health and economy of the nation – already accounting for £25 billion and encompasses 11 million people!
- Pleased to see our Levelling up bid for a National Conservation Centre at Twycross Zoo gaining traction: £20m bid to create National Science and Conservation Centre at Twycross Zoo in Leicestershire - Business Live (business-live.co.uk)
- Continued to work with stake holders about the ongoing, long term work for the A5.
- Held constituent surgeries to discuss; planning applications, employment rights of agency workers' and the national minimum wage.
If you live in the Bosworth constituency and have a question or need my help then please do email me at email@example.com with your name and address.
For regular updates, follow my social media: