A number of local people have been in touch with me over the past week with concerns they have about fireworks.
Some people, understandably, have missed the organised displays that we usually enjoy, but others are concerned about the effects fireworks have on their pets. Others still are perturbed that in some areas fireworks are still being let off on a nightly basis over a week after bonfire night.
I’ve created a short survey on my website to ask your views about fireworks and would really appreciate you letting me know what you think. Your comments will be really helpful in understanding what can be done in Westminster on this contentious issue: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/fireworks-survey
This week I have:
- Met with Minister Nadhim Zahawi to discuss Green automotive business investment opportunities in the constituency.
- Held a meeting with the Midlands Innovation Health Partnership, where I heard about both covid and non-covid medical developments in the region.
- Took part in the Health and Social Care Select Committee where we questioned expert witnesses about emerging vaccines and NHS test & trace.
- Met with Adobe, who produce Photoshop, to better understand the technical aspects behind my body image manipulation bill.
- Asked Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove about relaxing covid restrictions during the Christmas period.
- Visited MIRA to see some of the latest developments in automotive engineering.
- Met with local undertakers G Seller to hear about their business plans.
- Held one of my regular meetings with the Leader and Chief Executive of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council.
- And another with local MPs and the senior management team of the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.
- Met the Chief Crown Prosecutor for the East Midlands, who outlined the CPS’ role in the criminal justice system.
- And the Head of the BBC in the Midlands to discuss the future of the Corporation.